- These Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms”) apply to the gift cards (“Gift Cards”) issued by Wizard Pharmacy Pty Ltd (ABN 80 114 976 822), and administered by Wizard Pharmacy Services Pty Ltd (ACN 123 352 287). In these Terms, a reference to “we”, “our” or “us”, “Wizard Pharmacy” and “Wizard Pharmacies” means Wizard Pharmacy Pty Ltd (ABN 80 114 976 822) and Wizard Pharmacy Services Pty Ltd (ACN 123 352 287) and includes their related companies, directors, employees and agents. A reference to “you” or “your” is a reference to the individual who is in possession of the Gift Card at the relevant time for the purposes of these Terms, or who authorises another person to do something with or to the Gift Card on their behalf.
- Purchase, redemption and use of a Wizard Pharmacies gift card is subject to these Terms and by purchasing, redeeming or using (or attempting to do so) a Wizard Pharmacies gift card you agree to these Terms.
Purchasing a Gift Card
- Gift Cards can be purchased from any Wizard Pharmacy store in Western Australia. You must collect the Gift Card (together with its backing), present it to the sales operator in store, nominate the value (minimum of $10.00 applies) you wish to put on the Gift Card and provide the relevant payment for the Gift Card. In the event that a Gift Card has been tampered with in any way (e.g. if it is scratched or damaged), simply provide that Gift Card to the sales operator to be destroyed and select a new Gift Card to purchase.
- A minimum of $10.00 must be loaded on a Gift Card.
- The sales operator will specify the date of issue on the Gift Card and the amount loaded on the Gift Card. The transaction will be completed and Gift Card activated when the payment for the Gift Card is received by the sales operator.
- Gift Cards are not reloadable or redeemable for cash. Gift Cards will be valid for 36 months from the date of issue.
Redeeming a Gift Card
- Except for the exclusions listed in clause 9, once loaded with value a Gift Card may be redeemed for purchases at any Wizard Pharmacy stores in Western Australia. For a list of Wizard Pharmacy stores in Western Australia please visit www. wizardpharmacy.com.au.
- The Gift Card cannot be used to: (a) make bill payments (including but not limited to credit card accounts and store accounts); (b) purchase other Gift Cards or other payment tender. In addition, at the present time, Gift Cards cannot be used as payment tender online.
- The Gift Card is valid for 36 months from the date of issue. The Gift Card must be redeemed within the validity period. Any amount left on a Gift Card after the validity period has expired will be forfeited by you, will not be redeemable, will not be awarded as cash or credit and becomes the property of Wizard Pharmacies.
- To make a purchase using a Gift Card, present the Gift Card at the point of sale at any Wizard Pharmacies store in Western Australia with the items that you wish to purchase using that Gift Card. The sale operator will scan the Gift Card and deduct the applicable amount of the purchase from the Gift Card. The transaction will be completed when the balance has reduced on your Gift Card. The sales operator will then cross out the initial balance on the Gift Card and specify the new remaining balance available on the Gift Card.
- If the purchase you wish to make exceeds the amount available on the Gift Card, the remaining balance for the purchase must be paid by other available payment options (e.g. cash, EFTPOS).
- No change will be given for any value on a Gift Card. Any remaining balance on a Gift Card may be used in whole or part against future purchases at participating Wizard Pharmacy stores until the Gift Card expires.
- All transactions made using the Gift Card are deemed to be authorised by you, and you will be liable for all transactions on a Gift Card, except to the extent to which there has been fraud or negligence by Wizard Pharmacies.
- A Gift Card can only be used to make purchases up to the Gift Card value (i.e. the value available on the Gift Card at the time of the relevant transaction). If you wish to make a purchase for an amount that exceeds the Gift Card value, you must pay the excess using an alternative payment method.
- Items that are purchased solely, or in part with a Gift Card may be exchanged or returned subject to our standard exchange and returns policy available at www.wizardpharmacy.com.au. We are unable to load a refund back on to the Gift Card used to make the initial purchase, however, we will issue you a new Gift Card, with the relevant refund amount. In line with our standard returns policy, exchanges or refunds for change of mind cannot be offered for:
- Gift cards and vouchers;
- Prescription medication and pharmacist-only medication; or
- Other products advertised as being non-refundable or exchangeable for change of mind.
- Gift Cards are not legal tender, account cards, credit or debit cards or securities. Gift Cards cannot be used to obtain a cash advance and cannot be redeemed for cash (in their entirety or for any unused balance remaining on a Gift Card). A Gift Card cannot be exchanged for a different denomination, design or type of gift card or for another payment tender or discount.
- Reward and loyalty points will not be awarded for the purchase of a Gift Card. Points can be earned when redeeming Gift Cards in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the applicable reward/loyalty program (unless stated otherwise in those Terms and Conditions).
Cancellation of Gift Cards and other Conditions
- Gift Cards cannot be cancelled once they are issued except if they are cancelled by us at our discretion, or if their value is used or if they expire.
- We reserve the right to cancel and not accept any Gift Card that appears to have been defaced, mutilated, altered or tampered with in any way.
- Once you purchase a Gift Card, the Gift Card becomes your responsibility. Keep your Gift Card secure and treat it as you would cash. Defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen Gift Cards will not be replaced, refunded or redeemed. We reserve the right, but are under no obligation, to verify the identity of the Gift Card bearer.
- To the extent permitted by law, we reserve the right to cancel any Gift Card, or the Gift Card program, for any reason at any time without notice. In such instances (except those set out in clauses 20 and 21) we will provide you with either a refund or a replacement Gift Card at our discretion. Gift Cards remain our property.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to correct the balance of a Gift Card and the date of issue specified on a Gift Card if a clerical or accounting error has occurred, or if the balance or date of issue is inaccurate (and differs from the balance showing on our system) for any other reason.
- If there is a fault or damage to a Gift Card due to our production process or otherwise due to the fault of us or our agents or contractors (as determined by us, in our discretion), we will provide you with a new Gift Card, with the applicable balance.
- The Gift Cards and all material on the Gift Cards (including but not limited to designs, logos, trademarks, text and images) are the property of Wizard Pharmacy Pty Ltd, or that of its suppliers, and is protected by intellectual property laws. You may not use such intellectual property (including but not limited to designs, logos, trademarks, text and images) in connection with any product or service that is not ours or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion, or in any way that damages our reputation or standing.
- You may not, without our written consent: (a) frame or utilise framing techniques to enclose any of our trademarks, logos or other proprietary information; and (b) you may not in any way commerciallyexploit any material obtained from the Wizard Pharmacies Gift Card. Limitations of Liability
- Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in Western Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Wizard Pharmacies (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the purchase, use or redemption of a Gift Card, accessing of these Terms or technical difficulties associated with the issuing or redemption of a Gift Card. General
- We reserve the right to revise these Terms at any time. Any updates to these Terms will be published at www.wizardpharmacy.com.au.
- These terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Western Australia, Australia and you hereby unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Western Australia.
- Any failure by Wizard Pharmacies to exercise or enforce any of its rights under these Terms will not constitute a waiver of those rights. Errors and omissions may be accepted at our discretion.
- If any condition of these Terms is found to be fully or partly void or unenforceable is severed to the extent that it is void or unenforceable, and the remainder of these Terms continue in force.
- Questions regarding our Terms and Gift Cards can be directed to our support staff at Wizard Pharmacy stores or contact Wizard Customer Care by email email@example.com.
Last Updated; 16/12/2014