If you wish to contact us for some advice on this product, please call 1300 929 929
Microlax is a fast acting enema for the gentle relief of constipation and works to soften bowel motions and gently assist bowel emptying without irritating the lining of the bowel. Microlax may be used whenever there is a need to relieve constipation or open the bowels, when there are certain disturbances of bowel movement or opening of the bowels, and in preparation for examination of the rectum (back passage).
Dose: administer the contents of one tube rectally as a single dose. Directions for use, children and adults:
1. Twist and pull the seal off the nozzle.
2. Squeeze the tube slightly so that a drop of Microlax smears the tip and thus makes insertion easier.
3. Insert the nozzle fully into the rectum (back passage). In children under 3 years of age insert only half the length of the nozzle (see the indication of the nozzle).
4. Squeeze out the contents fully by squeezing the shoulder of the tube.
5. Keeping the tube squeezed tightly, withdraw the nozzle.
Gentle relief of constipation usually occurs within 30 minutes.
Sodium Citrate 450 mg
Ask your pharmacist, they must decide if this medicine is right for you. Always read the label, use only as directed. All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that ingredient listings, product images and other information for products displayed on this website are up to date, accurate and complete. However, we still recommend that you please check the ingredient listings and warnings on a product before use.