Wizard Pharmacy Services No.2 Pty Ltd (ACN 611 122 699), and Pharmacies managed by the Wizard Pharmacy Services No.2 Pty Ltd (ACN 611 122 699) (together referred to as “we”, “us”, “our”) comply fully with national privacy laws contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles. We are committed to ensuring your right to keep your personal information private and we strive to ensure privacy, accuracy and security of your personal and financial information.
Why we collect personal information about you and what information we may collect
We are required to collect certain personal information to be able to provide requested products or services and perform our functions and activities.
The kinds of personal information we collect and store (and how we collect and store that information) will depend on the nature of your relationship with us, and might include but is not limited to your contact details, age, address, prescription details and other health and wellness information. It may include (amongst other things):
- Personal information you give us when you request a product or service from us. This information may include your opinion/preferences about specific products and services, your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, credit card details;
- Contact details and preference details you give us when you enter or join one of our promotions, loyalty/rewards programs, competitions, offers, surveys or similar activities;
- Selected information regarding your preferences (and in some cases identity) we collect when you use our websites or when you click on items/links in electronic communications we send to you;
- Personal information (including sensitive information) we collect when you fulfil a prescription or when you use the Wizard Wellness, Monitoring & Management, Health Hub or other aspects of our websites (including when you make a booking or complete a Health Appraisal Questionnaire);
- Communications on our social media platforms;
- Communications between you and us;
- Personal information you provide when making a purchase or placing an order through our websites or in store; and
- Transactional information about your use of our products and services.
In certain circumstances, we may also collect your personal information from third parties, as outlined in the “Exchange of personal information with third parties” section below.
In some circumstances we may collect sensitive information (including but not limited to health information such as the details that appear on a prescription or details you provide to us otherwise, including via an Online Health Questionnaire on our website), where you consent to such collection and the information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities, where we are required by law to collect it or as otherwise permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles.
Use of personal information
We will use your personal information for the reasons we collected it and for other reasonable business purposes in that we may database, store and process your personal information to provide you with the service you requested and so that we can perform our functions and activities.
For example, we may use your personal information as follows:
- Processing your purchases/orders and requests for orders/services in store and through our website at our online store;
- to fulfil prescriptions;
- Being aware of any special product and service requirements you may have;
- Advising you of any changes to our products and services;
- Confirming your identity when you contact us;
- Addressing any feedback or complaints you may have;
- Communicating directly with you (including direct marketing) and providing marketing communications and targeted advertising to you on an ongoing basis by telephone, electronic messages (e.g. email or SMS), or digital services and other means (you can contact us at email@example.com at any time to opt out of electronic and telephone direct marketing communications).
- Where you consent, developing, improving and marketing our products and services to you;
- To monitor your interactions with our electronic communications (e.g. what products or links you view in emails we send you) so that we can serve your better;
- To provide you with information related to your health, wellness and/or prescriptions that we think may be of interest to you or that you have requested;
- To create and maintain a health and wellness diagnostic and user record for you and provide recommendations in relation to your health and wellness and its management, and allow you access to certain aspects of the same via our website;
- To store it in databases that allow analytics and easier performance of our functions;
- For diagnostic, maintenance, security and servicing test purposes; and
- Any purposes for which it was requested and related purposes.
If we use or disclose your personal information for a purpose (the “secondary purpose”) other than the main reason for which it was originally collected (the “primary purpose”), to the extent required by law, we will ensure that:
- The secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection (and directly related in the case of sensitive information), and you would reasonably expect that we would use or disclose your information in that way; or
- You have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
- The use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
- The use or disclosure is otherwise permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles or other law (for example, as a necessary part of an investigation of suspected unlawful activity).
For any of the above purposes we may contact you by telephone, electronic, postal or other means.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may be unable to do one or more of the above. However, where it is lawful or practical to do so, you may choose to deal with us anonymously (for example, when enquiring about our goods and services generally).
Disclosure of personal information and exchange of personal information with third parties
Personal information we collect may be disclosed to select third parties for purposes related to our functions and activities. Where personal information may be disclosed exactly will depend on the nature of the information and the purposes for which it was collected. For example, personal information we collect from you may be disclosed:
- To any entity to which we are required or authorised by or under law to disclose such information (for instance, Federal or State law enforcement agencies, regulatory and investigative agencies, courts, various other Federal or State government bodies);
- To our related entities;
- To others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you or at a subsequent time;
- To our business associates and others for purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected;
- To our personnel;
- To health practitioners and nurses employed by us or contracted with us, or working with us though one of our service providers;
- To our professional advisors, service providers, business partners that we have teamed up with to provide you with a service or goods, agents and other contractors (for example IT and software/hardware consultants and providers, marketing agencies who manage activities for us, data management providers, lawyers and mailing houses); and
- With your consent (express or implied), to others.
We may also obtain personal and other information from some or all of the above to enable us to provide or market our services or products to you, and provide other elements outlined above.
When we obtain personal and other information from third parties whom we are referred to by you, you must ensure that you have made that third party aware of the referral of the persons and purposes involved in the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant personal or other information.
Unless indicated otherwise by us, we will not disclose your personal information to any entities located overseas.
Quality and Security
We hold personal information in electronic and in hard copy form, both at our offices and pharmacies and with the assistance of our third party service providers. We take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information we hold. We destroy or de-identify personal information when it is no longer needed. We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, interference, modification or disclosure in accordance with the requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles.
A Cookie is a piece of information that our web server may send to your machine when you visit our websites. The Cookie is stored on your machine and may allow collection of log files about your visit to our websites, including but not limited to your IP address. Among other things, Cookies help us to recognise you when you re-visit our websites and to co-ordinate your access to our websites.
Selected third parties may also send your machine Cookies when you visit our websites, however, any data collected by such third party Cookies will be non- personally identifiable.
With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your Browser instructions to learn more. Keep in mind that, if you do this, you may not be able to access all sections or take advantage of all features of our websites.
Links to other sites
We may provide links to other websites on our websites. If you use these links, you will leave our website and we are not responsible for any of these websites, or their usage of your personal information. We recommend that you check the privacy policies on those websites.
Access and correction of your personal information
You can ask to obtain access to your personal information that we and/or our contractors hold, although under some circumstances permitted by law, we may not provide such information to you. Also, we may not be able to require our contractors to provide personal information to you and you may need to deal with such a contractor directly. We may ask you to put your request in writing and pay a reasonable fee levied by us for this.
It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If you are aware that this is not the case and would like your personal information corrected, or simply desire access to your personal information, please contact us at:
Wizard Pharmacy Services No.2 Pty Ltd
Suite 8, The Gateway Business Complex
173 Davy Street
Booragoon WA 6154
PH: 61 8 6280 0010
Fax: 61 8 6280 0011
PO Box 1426
Booragoon WA 6954
Alternatively, if you have registered on our website, you can also gain access to and correct limited personal information we hold about you by logging in to you’re My Health Portal on our website.
If we decide not to correct or provide you with access to your personal information, we will give you our reasons for our decision.
If you have a complaint about the way we have dealt with your personal information or if you believe we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles or any other applicable privacy law or code, please contact us at the above telephone number and ask to speak with our Marketing Manager. We will make all reasonable attempts to respond to your complaints or requests within fourteen (14) working days.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (see http://www.oaic.gov.au).
Please contact us if you have any queries about the personal information that we hold about you or the way we handle that personal information. Our contact details for privacy queries are set out above.
Further information about the Australian Privacy Principles and the application of privacy law generally can be found by contacting the Australian Information Commissioner (see http://www.oaic.gov.au).
Last updated; 04/10/2018