Use the product only for its intended use as described in this instruction manual. Use by more than one person without adequate reprocessing may be a health risk and could cause cross-contamination. Use Medela original accessories only. Do not use it if the packaging is open or damaged before first use. Inspect before each use. Throw away at the first signs of damage or weakness. Never leave packaging and components unattended. Keep them out of reach of children. If problems or pain occur, consult your lactation consultant or physician. Always read the label, use only as directed. All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that ingredient listings, product images and other information for products displayed on this website are up to date, accurate and complete. However, we still recommend that you please check the ingredient listings and warnings on a product before use.
Medela Contact Nipple Shields offer a durable, comfortable and convenient way to make breastfeeding easier. These Medela nipple shields are designed to help mums breastfeed babies with latch-on difficulties by providing a larger, firmer target for latching. They can also be used to help mums with flat, inverted, or sore nipples or an overactive let-down to breastfeed. These nipple shields are 100% BPA free and come with a practical storage box.
1. Wash your hands thoroughly with drinking quality water and soap before touching the shield and the breast. Dry your hands with a fresh towel or a single-use paper towel.
2. Clean the breast and surrounding area with a damp cloth. Do not use soap or alcohol which can dry the skin and cause cracked nipples.
3. Moisten the shield with water as this will help it to stick to the skin.
4. Push the tip almost inside out and grip the wings of the shield.
5. Place the shield centrally over the nipple. The open section should point in the direction of the baby’s nose during feeding.